Wednesday, April 17, 2013


--I HEARD YOU SAY, "I LOVE YOU."  YEAH, I DID.


…Last night it was sunny and clear, then there was thunder and lightning, then a slanted downpour during which time I saw a double rainbow.  An actual double rainbow.  It’s only the second time I’ve seen one in my life.
The last time was at my son’s soccer match.  He was around seven years old and he kept pointing at the sky in wonder, yelling, “Dad! Dad!  It’s a double rainbow.  For real it is.”
That experience taught me a good life lesson about retaining one’s sense of childlike wonder and now I enjoy sunrises and sunsets, the beauty of a thick snowfall, the shape and hue of the clouds as dusk settled around the treetops lining the lake.
I want to die young.

…This morning I woke to this fantastic message:
My wife violet and I is donating the sum of two million USD to you .Contact my wife's personal email [allen.large@rogers.com]
Isn’t it amazing how every day random people want to give me millions of their dollars?  Isn’t it funny how poorly crooks write?

…Here are some things I like for the middle of the week:

-"I think kids like me like the bad guy in a film.  I watch movies all the time and root for the bad guy and turn it off before it ends because the bad guy dies.  It's cinematic law, that the bad guy has to die.  But sometimes the bad guy gets a record deal and becomes a superstar." 50 Cent

-"The fact that I started it from absolutely nothing as a single mother of two during one of the hardest times of my life. I had a computer, an internet connection, and the balls of Annie Oakley. Not to mention some editing and graphic design know-how under my hat. So with that and little else, I made it work, and now, a lot of our books are being reviewed by Publishers Weekly and ForeWord Reviews. I couldn’t be prouder." Cynthia Reeser

-"Aspire, break bounds. Endeavor to be good, and better still, best." Robert Browning

-"Guilt is a luxury we can only afford when we have hope." Robert P. Kaye

-"I've been wondering lately what it is that makes us forget who we are?" Boyd Crowder, "Justified"

-"Well, we all have our eccentricities."
"Yeah, but they don't have to be medicated." Justified

No comments:

Post a Comment