Sunday, October 31, 2010

...I finished "Shiver," a hit teen or Y.A. novel. It was not very good. It was actually pretty crappy. I don't know how authors get away with such lazy writing. What was the editor doing? Anyway, the book's not worth the rant. I also finished Howie Good's chapbook "Rumble Strip" which was vintage Howie and quite excellent. ("The man in the window insists that truth is a moving target." How great is that?) Also, as I said in an earlier post, Mel Bosworth's little ditty, "Grease Stains, Kismet and Maternal Wisdom" is really a charming read.

...I am a bath person. I am a bath person and I am not afraid to admit it. (I also like pink, so there.) I favor bubble baths, though evidentally they don't sell bubble bath anymore. I like long soaks with a book and a glass of vino and a pen and paper handy in case inspiration strikes. If it's been awhile since you last took a bath, you should try it. You'll like it. If not, I'll gladly refund your money.

...I'm going to go turn on the tub water right now.

Here are two quotes I rather like, none having much to do with the other:

"Every story is a war." -- Richard Bausch

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." -- Marilyn Monroe

No comments:

Post a Comment