Monday, October 4, 2010

...Being that it's Monday, I have another piece in at PANK for consideration. It's one of my favorite poems, "This Is Not A Love Poem." I hope it works.

...I get sad every time I hear Nick Drake. Today I listened to him and Eva Cassidy, two singers who died in their twenties and didn't get famous until after death. You should You Tube Eva's version of "Time After Time."

...I have a new poem coming out in The Camel Saloon middle of this month for a special version Russell is doing on the anniversary of Jack Kerouac's death. I don't know a lot about Jack, but he was quite witty. See what I mean by checking out these assorted quotes:

"Maybe that's what life is…a wink of the eye and winking stars."
"My witness is the empty sky."
"I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion."
"My fault, my failure, is not the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them."
"I hope it is true that a man can die and yet not only live in others but give them life, and not only life, but that great consciousness of life."
"I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till I drop. This is the night, what it does to you."
"What is the feeling when you're driving away from people, and they recede on the plain till you see their specks dispersing? It's the too huge world vaulting us, and it's goodbye. But we lean forward to the next crazy venture beneath the skies.
"All human beings are also dream beings. Dreaming ties all mankind together."
"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spider across the stars and in the middle you see the blue ceterlight pop and everybody goes, 'Awww!'"

No comments:

Post a Comment