Sunday, July 4, 2010

I have a new story, "Thoroughfare" up at Troubadour 21. It's a mostly true account about a friend getting married and us waking up the next morning when Mt. St. Helens had just blown.
http://www.troubadour21.com/short-stories/len-kuntz/thoroughfare/

Here's a quote I read today: "Literature oten is more than its aim." I hope that's true.

On vacation I managed to read ten books. Three were the funniest things I've read in a decade. You should get them:
"I Just Want My Pants Back," David Rosen
"Home Land," Sam Lypsite
"The Driftess Area," Tom Drury.

Additionally "Layover" by Lisa zZeidner is freaky good, in a Glenn Close fatal attraction sort of way.

And Cormac McCarthy's "Old Country For Old Men" is even better than the Oscar-winning film. Of course it is. His dialouge is superb and a real lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment