Wednesday, October 31, 2018






--THERE IS NOTHING LIKE YOU


…That’s a watercolor thingy a friend of mine did recently from when I read in LA.  She loved how it turned out.  I guess I do, too, since my face is really washed out.

…Tomorrow I’m on an early plane to NYC.  (Actually, Newark, NJ en route to the city.)  I have a reading Friday night at the famed KGB Bar with my favorite people, but mostly it’s play time.  If you’re nearby, Friday at 7pm, please come and say Hi.
Posting the rest of the week might be tricky, might be hit and miss, so I’ll wish you a fab weekend now, and I’ll leave you with some things I like on a waterlogged Wednesday (I’m working on the last two):


 "Every life is a daily series of advances and retreats, intimate victories and private defeats, all measured not by grand events but by an awareness of the obstacles that have been overcome along the way."- Simon Baatz

"Enthusiasm in our daily work lightens effort and turns even labor into pleasant tasks."- Stanley Baldwin


"I want to remind you that success in life is based on hard slogging. There will be periods when discouragement is great and upsetting, and the antidote for this is calmness and fortitude and a modest yet firm belief in your competence. Be sure that your priorities are in order so that you can proceed in a logical manner, and be ever mindful that nothing will take the place of persistence."- Walter Annenberg

"Determine that a thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."- Abraham Lincoln

 "When I read a book, I seem to read it with my eyes only, but now and then I come across a passage, perhaps only a phrase, which has a meaning for me, and it becomes part of me."- W. Somerset Maugham 

"The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart."- R.G. Ingersoll

"The great end of art is to strike the imagination with the power of a soul that refuses to admit defeat even in the midst of a collapsing world."- Friedrich Nietzsche

"Man's greatest actions are performed in minor struggles. Life, misfortune, isolation, abandonment and poverty are battlefields which have their heroes - obscure heroes who are at times greater than illustrious heroes."- Victor Hugo

"What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say."- Ralph Waldo Emerson
  
""I can't do it" never yet accomplished anything: "I will try" has accomplished wonders."- George P. Burnham

"There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will."- Epictetus

"Don't allow yourself to be intimidated! There is more than one road to joy."- Author Pascal Bruckner



No comments:

Post a Comment