Monday, October 15, 2018





—HANGING AROUND, NOTHING TO DO BUT FROWN


"Wisdom comes alone through suffering."- Aeschylus

"Some people say I have attitude - maybe I do. But I think you have to. You have to believe in yourself when no one else does - that makes you a winner right there."- Venus Williams

What does not destroy me, makes me stronger."- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche 

 “All art is a kind of confession, more or less oblique. All artists, if they are to survive, are forced, at last, to tell the whole story; to vomit the anguish up.”― James Baldwin

"We tend to make courage too dramatic. Courage is often doing something simple, unpleasant, or boring again and again until we get it down pat. People who are physically challenged and who have the determination to get around their handicaps are great examples because their courage makes them test their limits every day."- Dave Thomas

"I never doubted not only that I would get out, but also that I would prevail in the end and turn the experience into the defining event of my life, which, in retrospect, I would not trade” - Commenting on his 8 years as a prisoner of war in Vietnam, during which he was tortured over 20 times.- James Stockdale

"We know what we are, but not what we may be."- William Shakespeare 

"Whatever job I'm doing I try to do the best I can with it and enjoy it for what it is and what it entails. I passed the time in the shoe shop by trying to be the best damn shoe salesman in the whole of New Jersey. The fact that I didn't succeed and ended up washing the coffee cups in the kitchen didn't really matter. I just tried to get those coffee cups the cleanest they'd ever been. Playing in the band was another job. The only difference was, I was finally doing the one thing that I had any aptitude for."- Jon Bon Jovi

"To do the useful thing, to say the courageous thing, to contemplate the beautiful thing: that is enough for one man's life."- T. S. Eliot

"When you find yourself overpowered, as it were, by melancholy, the best way is to go out and do something kind for somebody."- John Keble 

"We cheerfully assume that in some mystic way love conquers all, that good outweighs evil in the just balances of the universe and that at the eleventh hour something gloriously triumphant will prevent the worst before it happens."- Brooks Atkinson

"Many a friendship -- long, loyal, and self-sacrificing -- rested at first upon no thicker a foundation than a kind word."- Frederick William Faber

"No obstacles fell in his way that seemed to him insurmountable. He might be defeated, as he sometimes was, but he shrank from no hardship through impatience, he fled from no danger through cowardice."- J. P. Morgan writing about Napoleon Bonaparte



No comments:

Post a Comment