Wednesday, October 3, 2018



--WOKE UP FOR THE FIRST TIME, AND THE ANIMALS WERE GONE


…I know significance, more often than not, is invisible.

…A long time ago I stopped wondering why there were so many crazy people.  What surprises me now is that there are so many sane ones.

…Most of the shiny pieces of brightly colored glass I so loved are now missing or broken.

…Some people have a hard time figuring out what happiness feels like.  It doesn’t mean they’re pitiful, or that you should feel sorry for them.  It’s simply a matter of uncertainty.

…Feelings are strange that way, how they can be yours and not yours at the same time.

…I’m pretty good at missing the obvious, and obviously that can be a problem.

…Writers are always stealing.  We can’t help ourselves.

…But imagine how you’d feel if someone recreated your whole life and it ended up not being very pretty.

…Still, no conflict, no story.

…Sometimes you discover that winning is nothing more than a fluke.

…Once a friend told me not to write anything down because the words would be there forever to remind me how foolish I once was.  Still, I went ahead and did it anyway.

…I think I’ve become geographically undesirable for most people, and I get that.  It’s a challenge when your GPS is broken.

…I know I should be going somewhere, I just can’t arrive.

We let the bough break, we let the heartache in.

…Sometimes it feels like we’ve been to hell together.

…Supposedly, the heart beats more than 100,000 times a day.  Hard to believe all that work is going on and it barely gets noticed, if ever.

…You are living rent-free in my head.

…The truth is, no one wants to read about my giddy happiness.  Why would they?

…Don’t listen to me.  What do I know about love?


No comments:

Post a Comment