Friday, August 2, 2024


 
—THERE ARE TOO MANY THINGS WE DO NOT WISH TO KNOW ABOUT OURSELVES

 

 

                                                                            Sideways

 

                       They told me to pray or sing but I don’t feel like doing anything maybe I’m a beached beluga or a caterpillar hoping to fly There’s a lot to begrudge Just take a peek at the fires’ slow foreplay the seas’ gluttony the earth’s choking with a bone caught in her throat sideways and no one notices but the ones no one notices Take a peek at the court or the church or the orange insanity unholy bombs exploding on holy ground slaughtering children It’s all right there one crime scene after the other each one bleached and powdered afterward You probably think I’m exaggerating or hysterical or bleeding but maybe you should take a peek because I won’t not today I’m alone in this box waiting for the sun to get here singing so loud I can’t hear a thing Not even the screaming

No comments:

Post a Comment