Monday, January 10, 2022

 —YOU’RE TOO MUCH

  

…That was about as bad a weekend as they come. Let’s hope my doctor has good news today. There’s only so much a guy can take. And, yes, I’ll happily and gratefully accept your prayers. 

 

…All that time, and for what? (Okay, I’ll let it go now. It’s not like I even have a choice anyway.)

 

…Some things are better left in the archives. I could give you a long list.

 

…I’m counting on my good friend to make sense of things tonight, in the way that only a good friend can.  

 

…Sorry to sound so bitter, but thanks for listening.

 

…At this point, what have we got left to lose?

 

…If I ever actually learn to speak Spanish with this app, you’ll be the first one I speak it to.

 

…It took me a while to get here, but I finally made it. I shoved the fentanyl in a drawer.

 

…We need some noise. Anything to drown out the hurt.

 

…It can’t possibly be that complicated. I mean…

 

…Would it really make a difference if we had more information?

 

…I’m not sure I want to know. Do you?

 

…Whatever pseudonym you end up using, make it a clever one.

 

…Have I told you how much I love Lucy? Right now she looks like a comma curled inside her blanket, twelve inches from my ankle.

 

…It’s a new year. Best not to let go of that new year feeling of hopefulness. Maybe the start of every month should be the start of a new year. Maybe every day should.

 

…Bob Saget? Really??

 

…It’s only day 10, but I’ve been pretty good about sticking with my resolutions. How about you? 

The only thing is, I don’t know why I don’t submit anymore.

 

Well it happens all the time. Guess I am broken by design.

 

“I could not have been with someone who was not a writer.” Joan Didion

 

…And this…

https://aleteia.org/2020/01/02/20-year-old-filmmaker-wins-award-for-powerful-1-minute-film-about-marriage/?fbclid=IwAR1_D14RNzKnV9D-ILvpIko3HwkUbl8aY6WW34xo1Ni8BPiyTdeiOBJLxDE

 

…Don’t worry, I’ll help you remember.


...Feeling a little blue today, so I'm keeping it short and not so sweet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment