Friday, January 7, 2022

 —I FEEL CLOSEST TO GOD WHEN I’M TALKING TO YOU

 

…Happy Friday, happy first weekend of the new year.

I hope yours is enchanted.

 

…I hope I can get to sleep at some point.

It’s hard when you’ve put away the bottle.

 

…Let’s shoot for fewer peaks and valleys. What say you?

 

…Here are some promises I made to myself:

 

Resolutions 2022

 

Exercise no less than 3/4 times a week

Close rings everyday

30 minutes of Spanish per day

Submit 15 pieces a week 

Write for at least 4 hours every day

Twitter at least 3 times a week

 

How about you?

 

…I think this might require an FDA approval, or at least a waiver from someone with a nice cravat.

 

…These are hard times for dreamers.

 

…It feels as if everyone has COVID now. I know, directly or indirectly, over 100 people grappling with it.

 

…A fundamental truth is nobody makes it on their own.

 

…If you think about it, it’s all the same fight. We’re just wearing different uniforms.

 

…The snow is so beautiful, but after a week, it becomes a nuisance and an obstacle.

 

…I’ve been having a hard time getting Dopesick out of my mind, how people can actually be that evil.

 

…I wish I could answer every question I’m asked truthfully. I guess the thing is, I don’t think you’d like the truth all that much.

 

…”Welcome back,” is something you never want to hear from a pawnbroker.

 

…”We haven’t heard from you yet,” is something you never want said when the person saying it is looking your way.

 

…It’s either jail, or the morgue, said my good friend Cabernet.

 

…As my therapist says, “It’s never too late to apologize.  It’s never too late to (…)”

 

…If I’m being honest, crying could be a good option.

 

…Other than “Goodbye”, my least favorite word is “sure.” Sure isn’t No, but it’s not exactly Yes either.

 

…All of my best friends, but one, pretty much agree with my thoughts on things. This one often objects to my opinions and gets me thinking differently. 

 

…It’s funny how you can see someone you’ve missed, and then two days after having seen them, you miss them doubly.

 

…Fountains Of Wayne had it right when they sang: I better get my shit together, cause I can’t live like this forever.

 

…It’s always the things we don’t say that return as ghosts.


No comments:

Post a Comment