Monday, January 31, 2022

 —NOTHING TO DO BUT KEEP TEXTING MY THERAPIST 


“Look, we both said some stuff we shouldn’t have. But we’ve also known each other all this time, and we can’t just give that up because of some stupid words, because we’re both stupid people.” Sex Education

 

“I think hell is something you carry around with you. Not somewhere you go.” Neil Gaiman

 

“But in the end, stories are about one person saying to another: This is the way it feels for me. Can you understand what I’m saying? Does it also feel that way for you?” Kazuo Ishiguro

 

“Success is nothing without someone you love to share it with.” Billy Dee Williams, Mahogany

 

“Describe a circle, stroke its back and it turns vicious.” Eugen Ionesco

 

“Trust is hard to come by. That’s why my circle is small and tight.” Eminem


“My saints are a camera and a gun. They’re both fiercely truthful.” Sean McAvoy, Mahogany

 

“I feel perpetually suspended between celebration and grief.” Danielle Colin

 

“Ah, how good it is to be among people who are reading.” Rainer Maria Rilke

 

“I am a dirt person. I don’t trust diamonds and gold.” Eartha Kitt

 

“I had some dreams, they were clouds in my coffee.”

 

“To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in suffering.” Friedrich Neitzsche

 

“Every great friendship starts with: ‘When I first saw you, I thought you were a bitch.’” R. Kaplan

 

“Always go too far, because that’s where you’ll find the fun.” Albert Camus

 

“For me, art is the experience of what you’ve felt inside.” Abbas Kiarostami

 

“I am writing a book about all the things I should be doing. It’s called an oughtobiography.” Jordana Isabel

 

“I like people too much or not at all.” Sylvia Plath

 

“If you have the ability to love, love yourself first.” Charles Bukowski

 

“A flower does not use words to announce its arrival to the world; it just blooms.” Curtis T. Jones

 

“Everything has been figured out, except how to live.” Jean-Paul Sarte

 

“Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.” Lao Tzu

 

“When there is no hope, we must invent it.” Albert Camus

 

“I am, and I am not.” Rumi

No comments:

Post a Comment