Monday, May 18, 2020




—GOODBYES ALWAYS TAKE US HALF AN HOUR



…Seems like these are times where we should all give each other, and ourselves, a lot of grace. Seems like a good time to take stock of those people who are important in our life and examine why they have the impact they do. Anyway, that’s what I’m doing.


…My hair--once thick and wavy--is now thin and flat, and about to be the longest it’s ever been. It’s currently a cross between a pageboy and a mullet.

…All I have to do, to have a sober awakening about how old I am, is to look at my feet and ankles. It’s a pretty tragic sight.

…Is there such a thing as being too curious? Asking too many questions? Going too deep?

 …If you’re living in a snow globe, you’re going to run out of oxygen eventually.

…This really cracks me up:

…Sometimes in this world, you see things you don’t want to see.
Are you living in Hell? Well, try to make the most of it.” Carol Rama

…I think I’ve hit my perfect rock bottom a few times now.

…We met for a reason.  Either you’re a blessing or a lesson.

…Beauty is what beauty does to you.

…I keep forgetting I’m the smoke, not the camera.


…Sometimes I really hate this sad little room.


“Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.” Mark Twain

“Some infinities are bigger than other infinities.”― John Green


…I’m mad at a dead person and I can’t remember the last time I wasn’t.

…“The soul should always stand ajar, ready to welcome the ecstatic experience.” -Emily Dickinson

…I want a song, a really good one, with lyrics that grab my heart and swing it dizzily across the room.


…I’m working hard not to confuse breadth with breath, graceful with gratitude.

…Sometimes you ask yourself who you’re writing to, and then sometimes you realize the reader is really yourself, and that’s okay.

…And sometimes you close your eyes and see the place where you used to live.

... Kathy Acker: “If you ask me what I want, I’ll tell you. I want everything.”

…“Some people are so poor, all they have is money.” Bob Marley


…“I am part of all that I have met.” Nelson Mandela

…“You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” C.S. Lewis

…Lately I’ve been feeling like everyone knows what’s going on except me.

“The idea is to write so that people hear it and it slides through the brain and goes straight to the heart.” Maya Angelou

…“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”  Benjamin Franklin

…One thing you can’t ever do is cry on the campaign trail.

…Here’s the thing—we’re all different, but we’re more alike than different.

…The joy in me is as much a part of the sadness in me.

…“And your love, more beautiful than the sun…”

…Of all the people who jumped off The Golden Gate Bridge, one percent survived, and one hundred percent of those who survived regretted jumping.

…When bad stuff starts to happen, it’s best not to look the other way.

…Sometimes you have to remind your face that you’re happy.

…When you spend more and more time with yourself you become more and more like yourself, which could be a problem.

…“I want to die having said something,” Jamie Lee Curtis

…We can look, or not look, but it’ll always be there, waiting.

…“I liked it,” is something you never want to hear someone say about your story.  It’s basically them saying, “Your story was shit,” though they’re trying to be nice.

…In a story, and in life, you always want a character you can root for.

…I am often a big, beautiful ball of tension. Well, maybe not beautiful.

…When you put great on great, what do you do?

…There’s a way of doing things, and then there’s guerilla warfare.

…Weaponized is a word I’ve been trying to figure out how to use.

…Why are we still talking about this?  Must be pretty important.

…I’m a writer, I guess, but I can’t tell you what a gerund is, or a dangling participle. 

…Talk is cheap, but sometimes it’s all you’ve got.

…There are some choices you just don’t get to make, so might as well smile and fake it till you make it.

...Eat, pray, love.  But be sure to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment