Friday, February 21, 2020





—I’M BREATHING BUT I’M WHEEZING, FEEL LIKE I’M EMPHYSEM-ING


Yesterday

I reach the inside of your throat by Komodo dragon, saddle-sore and fatigued, a sojourn of will at last accomplished.
Up close, your throat resembles a cylindrical cave, all this up-and-down-hollow, as I cling to its edges, digging my bootheels into the gummy lining.
At night, I string a lantern from your tonsil bell and watch it splay shadows in line with the measured thrum of your breathing. Later I hear you snore. Later I hear you yawn and gargle while a waterfall of foamy mint douses me.
On the phone you tell your sister everything. His occupation and shoe size. The way you’ve come to love the smell of axel grease. I only hear my name once, followed by, he’s not half the man he used to be.

1 comment:

  1. Your Affiliate Profit Machine is ready -

    Plus, getting it set up is as simple as 1, 2, 3!

    This is how it works...

    STEP 1. Tell the system which affiliate products the system will push
    STEP 2. Add PUSH BUTTON TRAFFIC (it takes JUST 2 minutes)
    STEP 3. See how the system grow your list and sell your affiliate products all on it's own!

    Are you ready??

    Check it out here

    ReplyDelete