Wednesday, August 7, 2019





—I DON’T WANNA BE A ONE-MAN BAND

 …Two of my best friends, who are also writers, said this is the best thing I’ve ever written.  Both have literally seen thousands of my pieces, poems and stories.  Not quite sure I’m in the same camp with them, but I’m grateful nonetheless and I’m thrilled to have had it published yesterday in one of the best online magazines there is:

…I have this song (not necessarily this version, though I do love it) stuck in my head for good reason (yay!):

…I love Alina Stefanescu Coryell.  She's smart, funny, passionate as hell, tender and tough.  I love how much she loves her late mother and what she had to say in reminiscing yesterday: “If you have a problem with being old, imagine how it would feel to die young. And then take a deep breath, turn from the cult of youth, and be grateful for your precious, long life. “

…Sometimes you have to ask yourself: What kind of handle can’t be handled?

…Those blueberries are running me ragged.  I’ve picked 100 lbs. so far.  It wouldn’t be so bad if some of them weren’t scattered everywhere and if they weren't the size of poppy seeds.

....When I close my eyes, that's all I see.

…Sometimes pain is the body’s way of stopping the mind from paying attention.

…God I love kids, and they always seem to love me back, which is not typically the case once they get older, say teen years.  My 18-month-old nephew was here yesterday.  We found Cocoa Pebbles inside Easter eggs, skimmed stones on the lake, blew dandelion seeds all over each other’s faces and fed each other tons of…blueberries, just picked off the bush.

…Look, here’s a bright spot of life.

…My therapist asked, “Do you lose a lot of hands in poker?”

…My therapist asked, “Do you even like to eat?”

…Why go nowhere faster?

Once we know the end of an unfortunate story, it’s tempting to ask why its protagonist did not think better to swerve his fate.” Asymmetry

…I finished that book, “Asymmetry” yesterday after waking up at 2am.  The NY Times Book Review called it “extraordinary.”  I didn’t think so, but she can definitely write.

…I’ve been trying to remind myself that even vampires sleep.  The thing is, I think they get to breathe while they’re doing it.

…Five kids is a good number.  Let’s have five.

...Maybe it's not too late.

…“Where then are the quirky things that happen to me, and I tell you, and you instantly know what I mean?” John Ashbery

…I wish there were no guns.  I wish, if there had to be, you’d need to have to go to a gun range, check them out, shoot your bullets, then turn the weapon back in.  I don’t think any animals need killing and I sure don’t think any people do.

“I told ya that you’re the only weight on my shoulders.”

…Here’s scientific evidence that I’m on the right track:

…I’m trying to sound good for you.  What do you think?

…-See ya when I see ya.
…-Not if I see you first.  



1 comment: