Monday, August 26, 2019




--NOTHING COMES FROM NOTHING, AND NOTHING EVER SHOULD


…There’s nothing much better than hearing a new baby is on the way.

…When I write, I just assume everyone else has a similar wound, whether they really do or not.

…Whenever I’m in a space with a lot of strangers like, say an airport, it reminds me of how many people I don’t know and will never know, all of us going our own way for our own dubious reasons.

…We should all do something sincere today and thank ourselves for it later on.

…It’s not always clear what’s happening.  Sometimes you’re in a current and don’t know it until the tide has taken you all the way to the edge of the waterfall.

…A life without friends would be pretty dismal, if not completely unbearable.

…This train could take me anywhere and I still wouldn’t know if I was doing the right thing.

…People on trains all want one thing.

…On a train you can lose yourself for a while, but you always come back, resolved or not.

…It’s hard to be both acceptable and not.

…I judge and criticize then think, but haven’t I done those same things before, too?

…Sometimes the ones who save us are the same ones killing us.

…What’s up for grabs?  That’s the most important question.

…What makes us do it?  Relieve instead of live, going back and forward in time?

…What about the survival of glee?

…Life isn’t ever really calm, not even underwater.

…Six words everyone longs to hear—I really need you right now.

…--Why so fearful?  There’s no one else around?
…--Because there’s no one else around.

…--How long have you had a death wish?
…--Let’s see, how old am I again?

…--I’ve got a lot to teach you.
…--Yeah, probably everything I shouldn’t know.

…This day will never end like I think it will.

…One by one, we all earn our clichés.

…Life’s been interesting ever since I started dying.

…Nappers make me really jealous.

…No one can be a shadow forever, nor should they try to be.

…Who is weak and who is weaker and what does relativity have to do with it?

…There is never a shortage of gain or loss.

…It’s hard to connect if you keep answering No.

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle.” Chris Watson

…I know what it’s like to circle around, follow a loop that never stops looping.  I know what it’s like to dive in, looking for the right words but finding dust instead.

…Losing something is never fun, especially when it’s your nerve.

…It’s easy to feel unbeautiful, so when you find what makes you feel beautiful, you should cherish it.

…There are poems and then there are poems.  I want to write you a poem like a FedEx box that shows up exactly when you need it.

…It’s a little presumptuous to think there’s an answer for everything, but it doesn’t hurt to look for one.

…I believe I’m going to need a lot of help with this.

…And here we are, at the future.

…If this doesn’t end the world, the world will end after it.


No comments:

Post a Comment