Monday, July 22, 2019





—LOST IN THE CONTRADICTIONS


…It’s interesting how the omission of one day can make me that happy.  Sad, but true, and I’ll take it.

…I love Pete the eagle who lives in a nest one house over.  I spend a lot of time watching him rule the lake.  Yesterday was a little rough.  I kept seeing him circle the same narrow circle of air above the lake surface when I noticed two ducklings had become separated.  After a few dives, Pete got one and few off.  It was hard to watch.  Almost as hard to watch was the frantic flapping of the duckling that got away.  Makes me wonder if animals suffer from PSTD.

…Gratitude is a prayer, and we could all use more of that.

…It’s true: People who say they have no regrets are assholes.

…It’s true: Unmaking things is next to impossible.

…Something beautiful is going to happen.  Something beautiful is going to happen.  Something beautiful is going to happen.

…Morning comes because it has to.  Such a dutiful friend, or one with no other choice.

...Dare to be silly.  Remember when.

…Rocks remember when they were mountains.  Mountains remember when they were the ocean floor.

…It would all be meaningless if we didn’t wonder and doubt.  That’s what makes it real.

…It isn’t hard to die.  Everybody does it.  Even flies.  We’re all terminal.

…I just finished reading “The House of Broken Angels” after one of my best friends recommended it.  What a fantastic book.  A romp, a spanning epic, a distillation of death and family, it’s a novel with everything.

…“There is a minute in the day, a minute for everyone, though most everyone is too distracted to notice its arrival.  A minute of gifts coming from the world like birthday presents.  A minute given to every day that seems to create a golden bubble for everyone.” -The House of Broken Angels

…But books are good, man.  Imagine no books.

…And then there are the things we talk about together forever, inside our heads.

…I’ve been trying to make sense of it all.  Maybe that’s a lost cause.
   
…Doesn’t everyone just want to be thought of as a nice guy/girl?  Hope so.

…It’s amazing what a little bit of eye contact will do for you.

--“Do what you want.  Really, take what you want.”
--“You always say that.”
--“Yeah, but you never do.”

…Yeah, okay, but what about God?
  
…Sometimes I feel brave, sad and defiant all at once.  Sometimes not at all.

…All right, let’s think this through.  Let’s use deductive reasoning and imagination.  Let’s figure out why things fell apart so badly.

…I wonder what RC would think about all of this.

…Feelings--those little buggers needing tweezers.

…I’m being careful.  Can’t you tell?

…Doesn’t really matter.

--"What will ppl say?"
--"Well, they might say (…)"
--"But ppl say all kinds of things."
--"Yeah, but they don’t ever say that."

…It’s a beautiful morning.  Did you notice?

…What can I get for you?

…“I was dreaming when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes too fast.” 

…There.  Is that better?


No comments:

Post a Comment