Wednesday, July 10, 2019







—NO FAIR

…I keep falling asleep in the bathtub lately, which I’ve never done before until recently.  It’s strange to have that happen.  I can easily see how someone could drown that way.

…Speaking of being underwater, when I was a kid my two favorite kinds of dreams were flying and swimming.  I don’t know why I was never afraid of heights as I soared over this and that town.  I’d land on all these rooftops, on spheres and finials, crouched like a gargoyle.  When I swam in my dreams, I could hold my breath forever.  Maybe that’s why I like fish so much.

…It feels like it’s taken a lifetime to get here and now that I have it’s just as horrible as I always imagined.

…I’ve learned a lot about myself from what I haven’t said.  Sometimes that’s the ticket to survival.

…Last night could have been better to me, but at least it showed up.

…Richard Feyman said the simplest answer to any question that starts with Why is, The sun is shining.  I keep trying to remember that.

…Sometimes life is like God in that it’s best not to think about it too much.  Best not to try making sense of it.

…You can tell a lot about a person depending on where they sit on a bus, or where they stand in crowded room.

…I can’t remember the last time I blushed.  Can you?

…A lot of questions go unanswered and that’s too bad.

…Wednesdays suddenly hold a lot more allure for me.  It’s become Furlough Day.

…I saw photographs of myself yesterday and they scared even me.  I wonder if there is such a thing as a mild case of anorexia, or if it’s just all plain anorexia.

Forgetting what she told me by the water fountain.

…Last night I realized the phone never rings in my poems.

…Whenever I said I was up to nothing, my mom knew it was the opposite.  But still, she never cared.

…Lots of bees out these days.  Lots of butterflies.  The blueberry bushes haven’t looked this sated in some time.

…I would like to never feel soft.

…The difference is there in the things we lose, the things that decide us.

…I don’t think I want to be badass.  I don’t even know if I could be badass if I tried.  Other ppl are a lot better at it anyway.

…I love this:

…I finished my seventy-second book of the year last night.  It was the worst one so far, but the majority of the others were quite spectacular.  The thing about being a reader is you’re never bored.

Burning cities and napalm skies,  fifteen flares

…It’s hard to make sense of loss, to know what to do with it, that gaping hole.  I guess the answer is, The sun is shining.

…Sometimes the way a thing is paginated makes all the difference in the world.  Ordered another way and the story is a different story altogether.

…I’m done with scribbles for a while.  There’s nothing else I can tell you that I haven’t already.


1 comment:

  1. Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete