Friday, January 25, 2019






—THIS COULD BE CLOSE TO IMPOSSIBLE, OR MAYBE NOT EVEN CLOSE


…I hope no one else dies this year.  I hope no one else dies ever again.

…The medicine cabinet is awfully empty.

…I’m not sure, but that sounded a lot like goodbye.

…Tender goodbyes are very overrated.  Other than “Sure,” goodbye is my very least favorite word.

…I’ll just drive wherever you tell me.

…Guys like me, we’re always getting lost.

…“If I had one night where sunshine could break through and show you everything, I’d choose right now.”

…If nothing else, you can sure get a lot of reading done at 2am.

…You either have a minute, or you don’t.

Here’s some good advice for those of us with a frail heart—never ever watch the video for “I’ll Never Love Again.”

…If you think about it, nothing’s ever really straightforward.  There’s always that twist you never see coming.

“Our mothers cried, sang along, who can blame them?”

…It’s always something, until something changes, and then that thing’s always changing.

…Everyone is mentally ill, or else they’re lying about it.

…I mean, who says anyone has to grow up?  Maybe someone who’s jealous of how happy you are.

…One of the things they say is that almost getting killed makes you feel most alive.  I’m not sure about that.

…This isn’t a prison for innocent people, said my mother once.

…The thing is, we’re evenly matched.

…Most people love hearing how great they are.  There’s probably a gene for that.  Or an app.

…You’re either here, or you’re not.

…What’s dead may never die.

…In death, we’re all the same, and we want the same thing.  And usually, God is what we want.

…The way funerals are for the living is the way gossip is for the gossiper.

…We shouldn’t be so disappointed, and yet there are times, are there not?

…I’ve watched your up’s and I’ve watched your down’s.  So, I understand you pretty well.  Yep.

“I wanna change my clothes, my hair, my face.”

…Sometimes it’s really slim pickings, so you gotta pick carefully, and confidentially.

…It’s hard to die without a ghost, said the ghost-singer.

…You can live without wants, but you can’t live without needs.

...“Hey, are you okay?”  That’s something you both want, and don’t want, to be asked.

…Please look out for the boy.  And the girl.  Especially the girl.

…Feel better.  I mean, well, you know what I mean.

…I’ve had plenty of perfect opportunities to lose myself.  I just keep messing them up.

…The sun has every other day to hold us.  Now it’s the storm’s turn.

…So, is this the future?

…Then scoot closer, and you’ll see that there’s nothing to see.



No comments:

Post a Comment