Friday, January 18, 2019






—YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE DANCING IN THE MORNING


…Ppl talk.  Even the ppl we trust.  It’s just how the world works.

…Do you ever think about what happened when you were young and wonder if that’s why you act this way now?

…Due process.  Now that’s something I don’t think about very much.  How about you?

…“I guess you never really know a person.”  Someone said that to me recently, but I didn’t believe it then, and I don’t believe it now.

…Someone else said this on Facebook recently: “I actually worry that it’s possible to get eternally trapped inside a sport’s bra, or that it’s possible to dislocate both shoulders from it.”

…It’s a little bit funny, and odd, to be reading, near midnight, a poetry collection (by one of my idols, Dorianne Laux), called “Awake,” and not feel awake whatsoever.  But, there you go.

…I have felt personal self-defeat.  I’d like to think I’m not alone in that regard.

…Some of you have never kissed a flower on its petals, and it really shows.

…Sometimes I wonder whose life we saved.

…Writer’s Block—when your imaginary friends refuse to talk to you.

…Bring me the last dahlias of summer, even if summer is gone.  Bring them, and I will thank you.

…I’m sorry.  No one can speak the meaning of being, no one but God.

…Therapy might help, but you’ve still got to deal with the It you’ve been avoiding all this time.

…“If an ordinary person is silent, this may be a tactical maneuver.  If a writer is silent, this is lying.”  Jaroslav Seifert

…I’m not crazy.  At least, I don’t think so.

…It’s like a noise.  I feel it all over me.

…I can’t seem to get rid of what I want to get rid of.

…In the meantime, I’ll just keep looking.

…Everything here is out of the ordinary, don’t you think?

…It’s amazing what you can get used to, even pain.  Even excruciating pain.

…It’s pretty easy to lose your bearings.  Happens all the time.  I mean, just look at me.

…What was that all about?

…Life, I guess.  You know?  Like, everything.

…Is that something you ever want to go through?  Because I’ll go through it with you, if you want me to.

…“What will happen?”
“Probably nothing.”
“That doesn’t sound very convincing.”

…There’s nastier stuff than this.  Come on.

…There’s nothing wrong with the dog, just ask her.  It’s all on me.

…Thank you for coming in.

…I’m just really lonely tonight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment