Wednesday, January 25, 2017


 
 
--YOU GAVE ME BACK MY SMILE

 
…I think I write about the lake too much, yet it’s difficult not to when I look out my window and it’s there, staring back at me. 
 
 It’s still mostly frozen.  I threw rocks up in the air yesterday and they just skidded across the ice.  I suppose if you were braver than me you could go out and stand on it, take a selfie, do a little dance.

This morning it’s slate grey with intermittent specks of white that look like foot prints, or from high up, maybe freckles.  I love freckles.

And what a lovely thing it is to live on a lake.  How am I so lucky?

 …Geesh, it’s Wednesday all ready.  Soon I’ll be in Vancouver and then Washington D.C., but until then here are some things that make me ponder life:

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest accomplishment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." Leo Buscaglia

"We must find time to stop and thank the people who have made a difference in our lives." Dan Zadra

"If you want to keep your memories, you first have to live them." Bob Dylan

"Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who need help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it." Albert Schweitzer

"Nothing ever becomes real until it is experienced." John Keats

"We know what we are, but not what we may be." William Shakespeare

"I've seen and met angels wearing the disguise of ordinary people living ordinary lives." Tracy Chapman

"No home is complete without affection. You can have all the Picassos in the world or walls made of gold, but without affection it's nothing." Claudio Luti

"The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers. But above all, the world needs dreamers who do." Sarah Ban Breathnach

"There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will." Epictetus

 

No comments:

Post a Comment