Monday, January 9, 2017


 
--IT’S ALWAYS YOU NOW

 

 …I’m back from San Diego and I have to say the trip was even better than I thought it would be.  And what an incredible place.  My favorite city in the world is Paris followed by NY and now San Diego has moved past Chicago for number three.

Every person we met or who served us was so kind.  And the people are really beautiful.  It must be the weather.

I kept stopping every few feet to snap photos so I'd have a kind of diary about the experience.  Someone had painted a lawn of rocks outside their porch cobalt blue.  Another person had a cute little pink pig.  The architecture and colors were mesmerizing.  They’re not afraid to use brights or Neapolitan ice cream hues.

And then there’s the ocean and ships and….

I fell in love.

 …I am a little wiped out, but it’s good to be back.

…Here are some things I like on the cusp of Wednesday, and thanks for returning:

“Never underestimate the power of the words, ‘I’m proud of you’.” Bailey Kuntz

"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere." Albert Einstein

"So why do I talk about the benefits of failure? Simply because failure meant a stripping away of the inessential. I stopped pretending to myself that I was anything other than what I was, and began to direct all my energy into finishing the only work that mattered to me. Had I really succeeded at anything else, I might never have found the determination to succeed in the one arena I believed I truly belonged. I was set free, because my greatest fear had been realized, and I was still alive, and I still had a daughter whom I adored, and I had an old typewriter and a big idea. And so rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life." J. K. Rowling on her rocky early career and life

"If success is not on your own terms - if it looks good to the world but does not feel good in your own heart - it is no success at all." Anna Quindlen

"The tragedy of life does not lie in not reaching your goals, the tragedy lies in not having any goals to reach. It isn't a calamity to die with dreams unfulfilled, but it is a calamity not to dream." Dr. Benjamin Mays

 

No comments:

Post a Comment