Friday, November 25, 2016



 
--I CAN MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE OVER AND OVER AGAIN BUT IT FEELS DIFFERENT EACH TIME  

 
…In a couple of hours I’ll be on a plane to Puerto Vallarta for a week.  I doubt I’ll be posting anything here during that time, but please come back next weekend.  I’m counting on you.

…Here’s something I had published a few days back:
 https://fictivedream.com/2016/11/22/boots/

…And here are some thing I like ahead of the weekend:

“And everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.”

--William Yeats
William Butler Yeats - The Second Coming
“If you don’t start unpacking your baggage, it gets heavier as you move along.  The weight becomes impossible to carry, and it can get pretty messy.” Bruce Springsteen

“Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you.  Let them teach you patience, sweetness and insight.” Helen Keller

“A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds.” Francis Bacon

“The best way out is always through.” Robert Frost

“Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.” F. Scott Fitzgerald

“If you feel down yesterday, stand up today.” H. G. Wells

“To live outside the law, you must be honest.” Bob Dylan

“I don’t do drugs.  I am drugs.” Salvador Dali

"You have to live your life if you’re going to do original work. Your work will come out of an authentic life, and if you suppress all of your most passionate impulses in the service of an art that has not yet declared itself, you’re making a terrible mistake."
Louise Glück


 “Legitimate anger is the last thing a person has that humanizes him or her.  And that should never be for sale.” Yusef Komunyakkaa

 

No comments:

Post a Comment