Wednesday, August 3, 2016



 
--WE LIVE IN A BEAUTIFUL WORLD

 
…When did the barbershop tell me I had thick, wavy hair, start telling me my hair is fine and straight?
I guess I’m getting on in years.
But at least I’m happy.

…What are your plans for the week?

…I got my copy of Cirque in the mail and I have this poem in it on page 80:
 

Silence Is A Yes

Today I apprentice in a tunnel so dark
I can only feel the rats
Scurry across my feet
You told me silence is a yes
But I didn’t believe you
In Paris we counted blue cars
And pigeons liked your perfume
Your mother hated me
But she still called
To give me the news
So I apprentice in a sink hole
Quiet enough to hear the tree roots whisper
“He must have really loved her.”

 
…Here are a few things I like for the middle of the week:

-“Thank you for a lovely weekend.  They tell me it rained.” Kay Jamison
-
“I wake up every morning in a house that was built by slaves. And I watch my daughters, two beautiful, intelligent black young women, playing with their dogs on the White House lawn.” Michelle Obama

-“I am sure that if the mothers of various nations could meet, there would be no more wars.” E.M. Forrester

-Oscar Wilde: "Do you mind if I smoke?"
Sarah Bernhardt: "I don't care if you burn."

 
-"I have noticed that folks are generally about as happy as they make up their minds to be." Abraham Lincoln

-"My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who and how you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness. Continue to allow humor to lighten the burden of your tender heart." Maya Angelou

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment