Tuesday, August 30, 2016



--MY MIND IS ALL YIPS AND SWERVES

…I’m finally home from a ten day jag.
I expected the workshop to be good, but it far exceeded my expectations.  Lots of writing came out of it.  Most of the work I produced was very emotional, honest and raw, even for me.  Once I dig out I may post a few of them if I’m brave enough.

Spending eight days with other writers is nirvana.  A few people I didn’t know and they turned out to be wonderful.  We laughed and cried and shared.  It was fun having them critique my writing and vice versa.

There were a lot of late nights and I wouldn’t take any of it back.

Vegas was similar in many ways, but then completely different in others.  For one, it’s a different group and switching gears was tricky.  Yet the fellowship and laughter and late night frolicking was analogous.  No one got arrested and no one died, which is the sign of success when you’re at Vegas with a group like mine.

…So I’m back on track with the blog.  I hope you come back.

…Here are some things I like on a Tuesday…

“With freedom, book, and the moon, who could not be happy?” Oscar Wilde

"I never did take anything from anyone. It ain't that I'm not grateful, but I love to earn it better." Betty Higden

"The saints are the sinners who keep on going." Robert Louis Stevenson

 "Tough times never last. Tough people do." Robert Schuller

"I think I'd like to be remembered as someone who beat the odds through just plain determination... that I persevered. Because I think that being somewhat of a pest to life, constantly plaguing and pursuing, will bring results."  Sylvester Stallone

""But try," you urge, "the trying shall suffice; The aim, if reached or not, makes great the life: Try to be Shakespeare, leave the rest to fate!"" Robert Browning

"The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one."  Mark Twain

"Remember that if the opportunities for great deeds should never come, the opportunities for good deeds are renewed day by day. The thing for us to long for is the goodness, not the glory." F.W. Faber

"Life leaps like a geyser for those willing to drill through the rock of inertia."- Alexis Carrel

 

No comments:

Post a Comment