Tuesday, August 16, 2016



 
--FOR NO REASON, THE MORNING COMES BACK SAYING, “OPEN YOUR EYES”


 "Nostalgia—it’s delicate, but potent.” Don Draper
“I am the rest between two notes,
which are somehow always in discord.” - Rainer Maria Rilke


"What can be added to the happiness of a man who is in health, out of debt, and has a clear conscience?" Adam Smith
"Great is the road I climb, but the garland offered by an easier effort is not worth the gathering." Sextus Propertius

"One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this: 'To rise above the little things.'" John Burroughs
"It is the man who goes straight to his goal, obstacle or no obstacle, that commands our respect, gets our confidence, and gets to the front. He is the man who is sought in an emergency, not the man who is afraid of obstacles, who magnifies difficulties." Orison Sweet Marden

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." Michel de Montaigne
"The characteristic of genuine heroism is its persistency. All men have wandering impulses, fits and starts of generosity. But when you have resolved to be great, abide by yourself, and do not try to reconcile yourself with the world. The heroic cannot be common, nor the common heroic." Ralph Waldo Emerson
"If we should fail -- we fail. But screw your courage to the sticking-place, And we'll not fail." William Shakespeare
"All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother." Abraham Lincoln


No comments:

Post a Comment