Friday, April 8, 2016


 
--OKAY, SO HERE WE ARE
 

…It’s been a pretty good many days, publication-wise.

I got copies of print journals that published my stuff—Coup d’Etat, out of Boston University, The Literary Commune, out of the UK, The Mandala Review, out of Africa, Avis Journal, from Manchester Metropolitan University, and Blink Ink #23.
I also had these published in online journals:
 





A lot of time, I feel like the luckiest man alive.

…Here are some things I saw this week that made me think, for whatever reason:

-“It’s just really nice to talk to someone.  Really nice.” Rose Dogwood

-“I loved you so much once. I did. More than anything in the whole wide world. Imagine that. What a laugh that is now. Can you believe it? We were so intimate once upon a time I can't believe it now. The memory of being that intimate with somebody. We were so intimate I could puke." Raymond Carver

-"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, many are strong at the broken places." Ernest Hemingway

-“Ain’t no money in poetry.  That’s what sets the poet free.” Guy Clark

-“Genius is initiative on fire.” Holbrook Jackson

-“Many people, myself among them, feel better at the mere sight of a book.” Jane Smiley

-"Almost anything in life that truly matters will require you to do small, mostly overlooked things, over a long period of time." Z. Eswine

-“A forgery is impossible when we have no model to forge.” H.P. Blavatsky

-“It is not a matter of words for things.  Rather it is a matter of distance between the word and the thing.” Nathalie Stephens




No comments:

Post a Comment