Friday, June 20, 2014



--THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES


…Tomorrow my daughter comes home from L.A.  I’m very excited.  Haven’t see her in a long while.

…As I write this, there’s a man in a boat outside my window, maybe fifteen yards away, staring up at me.  Kind of creepy, but that’s what happens when you live on a lake.
People out here sure like to fish.  They’ll go fishing in a downpour.  But today it’s quite nice.

…This was in the paper the other day:
SEATTLE, WA: Amy Lee, 28, whose sleep was interrupted by a cancer charity run outside her apartment was charged with assault and reckless endangerment for allegedly pelting supporters with trash, used cat litter and frozen chicken.
It kind of cracked me up.

…Here are some noteworthy (at least I think so anyway) commentary from Facebook folks of late:

HOW YOU CAN TELL IT'S THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR: One of my male students was constantly talking and making noise during the other students' recent classroom presentations and one of my female students, clearly fed up with his disruption, turned and yelled, "WILL YOU SHUT THE F--- UP?!?!" When his head whipped around to me as if to say, "And what do you plan to do about that?" I looked him right in the eye and said, "I'm with her."

Someone just got smashed in the head with a "rough beach umbrella" caught by the wind. I can dig that.

10 Qualities Women Look For In a Man
1. loves small animals, even rodents.
2. makes you giggle insanely for no reason.
3. does not humiliate you about your hair....
4. lets you sing to the dog, does not call authorities.
5. finds your lack of knowledge about many subjects adorable.
6. tells you that you have nice long legs when you have short legs and nobody has ever really said they were nice.
7. loves The Naked Gun and Kentucky Fried Movie, Mel Brooks and all early Woody Allen.
8. writes beautifully but isn't vain about it.
9. loves your childhood.
10. loves your childhood. (the importance of this cannot be overstated)

I'm a little torn about blocking idiots because I feel like it creates an online culture in which there are no dissenting voices. Of course, idiots don't really have much of value to say, so it's a moot point

Ducks love salt swimming pools. I want a duck of my own. And a salt swimming pool. And a watermelon. Help me out

If I have a really shitty childhood, does that mean it's okay for me to terrorize, trick, and lie to everyone else in my life? Seriously, I would like your input.

imagine how massive history books would be if they recorded all the times people stared into space and didn't do anything

This morning my phone, which was in my pocket, connected to Netflix and started playing the opening to my favorite TV show: "In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups. . ." Never in my life did I expect I would able to say I had Law and Order in my pants.

PROS AND CONS TO WORKING IN A MALL:
PROS
tracking the fashion trends of hispanic grandmas
...
CONS
everything else


No comments:

Post a Comment