Wednesday, March 19, 2014



--I’M JUST SITTING HERE CRYING, THINKING ABOUT ALICIA KEYS


…It’s a soggy, gray day and there are men outside my house with loud wind-blowing contraptions, so I thought I’d pull this out (something I wrote a while back):


The Sweater

I am the black
Sweater
You left behind
On the love seat
Love no longer an option
Love seat
Love

My yarn is tight
Fine Egyptian cotton
Mercerized
Top stitched and fully-fashioned.
Your skin
It used to sit or swish
Inside of me
Against my limbs and lengths
My sleeves and being

You took me places
Folded me
Kept me clean
Now I am a heap of yarn
Dead threads
Smelling of your perfume
But mostly
Reeking rust and
Regret


…Here are a few things I learned of late:

-37% of men have cried in the last month
-5% of men say they have never cried

-56% have applied moisturizer in the last month
-28% of men have never applied moisturizer

-In 1983 20% of the U.S. workforce was unionized
In 2013 11.3% is

-27.1% of U.S. adults were obese as of 2013, up from 25.4% in 2008

-33% of all workers have saved less than $1,000 for retirement and 66% have saved less than $25,000 (wonder how that’s going to work out.  Yikes.)






No comments:

Post a Comment