Monday, February 24, 2014



--IT FEELS LIKE WE’VE REALLY DRIFTED


…Hey, look, it’s Monday.  How was your weekend?

…My son and I spent two days watching the first seven episodes of American Horror Story, Season 2, Asylum.  Talk about creepy.  It’s the scariest thing I’ve ever seen on TV, maybe anywhere really.  It’s gory and ghastly, so well-acted, directed and written, plus it moves like an out of control freight train.
Watch it, but beware.

…Here are some less scary things I like to start the week: 

-"Why do poets think they can change the world?  The only life I can save is my own." Sherman Alexie

-"I have never been a millionaire, but I have enjoyed a great meal, a crackling fire, a glorious sunset, a walk with a friend, a hug from a child, a cup of soup, a kiss behind the ear. There are plenty of life's tiny delights for all of us." Jack Anthony

-"Now is the hour of miracles, when no one's watching." Erica Wright

-"I think that's how we leave, signaling our impostors to replace us." Erica Wright

-"If you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time." B.J. Marshall

-"Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved." Will Rogers


-"Everyone takes everyone for granted." Joshua Ferris

-"Life on the open road is liberty....to be alone, to have few needs, to be unknown, everywhere a foreigner and at home, and to walk grandly and solitarily in conquest of the world." Isabelle Eberhardt

-"The most basic of all human needs is the need to understand and be understood. The best way to understand people is to listen to them." Ralph Nichols

-"I do think so much of what writers wrestle with is our demons and our fears, and the dream world is dark, and it's not always painful, but it's mysterious." Andre Dubus III

-"If I had my life to live over again, I would have made a rule to read some poetry and listen to some music at least once a week." Charles Darwin


No comments:

Post a Comment