Wednesday, September 25, 2013



--TRUST YOUR STRUGGLE


…Things I like on a Wednesday are:

-"Genius is eternal patience." Michelangelo

-"A song is something that can break your heart or raise our hear rate.  A song can change the direction of your day or make you reconsider your marriage."  Andy Langer

-"My dad told me to go into something that I loved to do, not for the money. And so I did that.  My first job with the Baltimore Colts in the NFL paid twenty-five dollars a week."  Bill Belichick

-"One day, when I was a kid, a librarian pulled me aside and said, "You know, you should really think about being an artist."  I had just immigrated to the United States, and I didn't even know what an artist was.  God forbid she would have said I should become a banker."  Writer, Junot Diaz

-"You may run into people who are much more talented than you, but make sure that no one outworks you." Derek Jeter

-"November is my favorite month of the year.  Because I like it when shit dies." Blake Shelton

-"Never look in the mirror when you're on acid." Andy Samberg

-"I was horsing around with my son.  He was maybe six years old, and we were on a trampoline, and we ended up laughing so hard that we fell on our backs, we were looking up, and in between his laughter he said to me, 'I always wanted a dad like you.'" Andre Agassi

-"When in doubt, tidy up." Evan Williams

-"It makes us face our own mortality.  Working alone on a 300 to 400 page project for five years all by yourself brings you with to the starkness of coming into the world and leaving alone, as we do."  Andre Dubus III

-"You learn to learn.  You learn.  And then you relearn." Tom Brady

-"Knowing sorrow well, I learn to succor the distressed." Virgil

"-Fear less, hope more; whine less, breathe more; talk less, say more; love more, and all good things will be yours." Swedish proverb

-"One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this: 'To rise above the little things.'" John Burroughs

-"First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do." Epictetus


-"Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see the beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they lead." Louisa May Alcott

No comments:

Post a Comment