Friday, May 17, 2013




--I STILL LOVE YOU, NEW YORK


…I’ve written five stories in the last two days.
(Not bad.  I’m getting somewhat productive again.)
I really like all of them, but, of course, that might just be self-bias.
One I wrote was really disturbing (shocked, aren’t you?)  I’m not sure if the editor will take it.  I think the subject matter is important, it’s real, and it shouldn’t be shirked, but I’ll be surprised if it gets published.
I’m the featured writer next month at Pure Slush, an online site I love, and an editor I really respect (he’s the one who shunned my story, “Fashionista” because he thought the ending was too dark, though he’s accepted more than a dozen of other pieces I’ve written.)  I’m going to send him all five stories and see what happens.
I can always write more.
Right?

…Social networking, Facebook—it’s not real, and yet it is very real.  People say/write/type things they wouldn’t if they were speaking.  Yet they’re often things they’d say if they were uninhibited, drunk maybe, and so that sort of social networking sites, and the people you’ve likely never met on them, real.
Don’t you think?

…Anyway, here are some of the latest Facebook posts that caught my eye for whatever reason:
-Conversation with my daughter today:
"Daddy, do you have a nipple on your face?"
"No, that's just a mole."

-To the sixty-year old overweight dude jogging at the corner of Marsh and Haslett with a tiny blue speedo on. Busy intersection, man, you're causing accidents with that absurdity.

-The person in the car in front of me threw three banana peels out their window and I had a crazy Mario Kart 64 flashback/freakout.

-Says a recent admirer: "You can sweat when you chortle, or snort."

-Itty bitty bird fetus photos coming soon.

-Whatever nothing is made up of nothing means it

-Welcome married flirters!

-"I hope that one day you buy every pretty dress you’ve ever wanted..i hope you wear them and dance barefoot in summer and laugh..i hope you smile at all the little things..like flowers..and the laughter of children..i hope you get that tattoo you’ve always wanted..i hope you learn to speak french fluently..i hope you go to paris and every single state in the US..i hope you never stop singing... when people tell you that you can’t..in fact especially then..that’s when i hope you’ll sing the loudest..i hope you buy a bracelet everywhere you go until your whole arm is filled with them..i hope you stop beating yourself up about everything that’s out of your control..i hope you step out of your comfort zone..i hope you fall insanely in love with someone unexpected..i hope you forget about your scars..inside and out..and learn to be happy”when people tell you that you can’t..in fact especially then..that’s when i hope you’ll sing the loudest..i hope you buy a bracelet everywhere you go until your whole arm is filled with them..i hope you stop beating yourself up about everything that’s out of your control..i hope you step out of your comfort zone..i hope you fall insanely in love with someone unexpected..i hope you forget about your scars..inside and out..and learn to be happy”when people tell you that you can’t..in fact especially then..that’s when i hope you’ll sing the loudest..i hope you buy a bracelet everywhere you go until your

-I don't trust men who wear flip-flops.when people tell you that you can’t..in fact especially then..that’s when i hope you’ll sing the loudest..i hope you buy a bracelet everywhere you go until your

-WAKE UP, SHEEPLE!

-I'm going to like you anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment