Monday, October 15, 2012


--WHO SAYS YOU HAVE TO?


…It’s the start of a new week and I’m back from Portland, albeit a little beat up.
One of the best things in life is laughing until you cry.  I did that a few times this weekend.

…I’m a list-maker.  To Do lists anyway.  It helps keep me grounded, focused.  There’s a lot of my list right now, so time to get to it, but first here are some things to like:

-"Being a father is the only thing that lives up to the hype. When I'm with my daughter - when we're doing homework together or hanging out watching a movie or kicking  a soccer ball around or doing any of the things we do - that's the only time I feel like I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing." Aaron Sorkin
 
-"Writing is making sense of life.  You've worked your whole life and hopefully you've made sense of one small area." Nadine Gordimer

-"Everyone who has ever taken a shower has had an idea.  It's the person who gets out of the shower, dries off, and does something about it that makes a difference." Nolan Bushnell

-"I will make love my greatest weapon and none on who I call can defend against its force....My love will melt all hearts liken to the sun whose rays soften the coldest day." Og Mandino

-"The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining." John F. Kennedy

-"You can improve your talent, but your talent is a given, a mysterious constant.  You must make it the best of its kind." Gore Vidal

-"Name me someone that's not a parasite and I'll go say a prayer for him." Dylan, "Visions of Johanna"

-"The potential of the average person is like a huge ocean unsailed, a new continent unexplored, a world of possibilities waiting to be released and channeled toward some great good." Brian Tracy
“...when you are convinced that all the exits are blocked, either you take to believing in miracles or you stand still like the hummingbird. The miracle is that the honey is always there, right under your nose, only you were too busy searching elsewhere to realize it. The worst is not death but being blind, blind to the fact that everything about life is in the nature of the miraculous.” Henry Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment