Monday, October 8, 2012


--I'M NOT USUALLY LIKE THIS

 
…Happy new week to you.

…I don’t know why I like quotes so much, but I do. 
Maybe it’s because I’m always impressed how eloquent people can be, how others can make sense of the world or emotions.
Perhaps I wish I was that smart.

…Here are some I like a lot:

"I will mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one...not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that; Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that."
-MLK Jr.

"No one can write a book.  J.K. Rowling can't.  Tom Clancy can't.  All you, I and those other writers can do at any one time is write part of a book.  If those parts are well-planned, eventually they will fit together to form and entire book." Gene Perret

"We can never know what to want, because, living only one life, we can neither compare it with our previous lives nor perfect it in our lives to come." Milan Kundera, "The Unbearable Lightness of Being"

"At first dreams seem impossible, then improbable, then inevitable." Christopher Reeve

"I have stretched ropes steeple to steeple: garlands from window to window; golden chains from star to star, and I dance." Rimbaud

"What do I know of a man's destiny?  I could tell you more about radishes." Samuel Beckett

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." Albert Camus

"Writing is nothing more than a guided dream." Jorge Louis Borges

"Creativity Takes Courage." Henri Matisse

"I call people rich when they're able to meet the requirements of their imagination." Henry James

“Ah, how good it is to be among people who are reading!” Rilke

"Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals." Samuel Ullman

-“As a writer, we have to walk through the door labeled: “ABSOLUTELY NO ADMITTANCE’.”
-“I sometimes still here all those negative voices of my youth.”
-“You’ve got to want this more than you’ve ever wanted anything in your life.”  --Debbie Macomber

No comments:

Post a Comment