Monday, October 1, 2012



--MAYBE I'VE BEEN HERE BEFORE

 
…It's a new week and I need a new suit.  Hopefully I'll find one.

…Yesterday I had this piece published in Spartin Lit:
http://spartanlit.com/hooks/

…I still don't have a novel idea.  That's troubling.  I have a very broad husk of a theme, and a couple of small scenes, but not much else.  Yikes.

…The Presidential debates are Wednesday.  I love politics, was a Political Science major in college, and am very much looking forward to them.

…Here are some things I like to start off the week:

“The answer is dreams.  Dreaming on and on.  Entering the world of dreams and never coming out.  Living in dreams for the rest of time.”  Haruki Murakami

"Man does not live by a turkey in every oven or a color TV set in every home.  Man lives by faith and hope and love, by the star on the horizon, by the trumpet that will not call retreat." E. Root

"The thing is, you try your best, and what else you got?  You try your best, really, that’s all you can do.  And for me, my best happens really so rarely.  I was so always heartened by people like Michael Chabon who write so well and seem to write so fast.  Edwidge Danticat writes really well and really fast.  I was always heartened by them.  I keep thinking one day it’ll happen.  It might." Junot Diaz

"I think of life itself now as a wonderful play that I've written for myself... and so my purpose is to have the utmost fun playing my part." Shirley MacLaine

"It is often said that we never get a second chance to make a first impression. This holds true in our writing. We may be witty, charming, and absolutely delightful company, but our readers don’t know that. They judge us by what we share with them—our written words." Linda Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment