Tuesday, December 7, 2010

…I have some new things: three poems--"Worry Warts," "The Palm of Your Hand," and "The Photos That No Longer Look Like You" up at Heavy Bear as well as "The Infection" up at 52/250 A Year of Flash. All pieces are also here under "Words In Print."

…Do you ever lose stuff from your computer? It happens to me from time to time. I must delete it accidentally. Or else it occurs when my computer restarts. Windows is constantly upgrading itself (wouldn't it be nice if humans could do that as easily?) and then the file or whatever disappears. In any event, I had a chunk of blog material saved and now it is gone-ah-rhea. It was funny stuff and stats about funny things. If the material ever re-surfaces, I will be sure to share it.

…I continue to be astonished by Facebook, and specifically how (…what? what's the adjective--unwise? foolish?) uncouth people are on it. People have open cat fights. People are beligerant. People sling their political agendas around. And this happens, not once in blue moon, but ALL THE TIME. Truly remarkable.

…I am running a marathon this weekend. I try to be optomistic about most things, but I don't have a lovely sense about this race. You should say a prayer for me. It can be a little one.

…Just before I started writing this blog post I got the disease again. It started with a photo that made me write the line "We sleep on trains, uncoiling our freedom and forging our fear…" and then turned into a dozen poems in a matter of fifty minutes. Bam Bam Bam like a Gatling gun.

…I love this: "Write as if you were dying. At the same time, assume you write for an audience consisting solely of temrinal patients. That is, after all, the case. What would you beging writing if you knew you would die soon? What could you say to a dying person that wound not enrage by its triviality?" -- Annie Dillard

No comments:

Post a Comment