Thursday, December 9, 2010

…I have a new story, "Talk To Me" up at Ramshackle Review and also here under "Words In Print." There are some of my favorite writers in that particular issue of Ramshackle. Check it out.

…Did I tell you that I'm trying to be a better person? I am. So far it's going okay. If there were one of those fundraising thermometers charting my progress the red mercury (which is really just red felt pen marking) would be at about ten percent. It's hard to be a better person. If you don't believe me, just try it.

…Today was an interesting day--three rejections. I can't remember the last time I had three rejections in one day. I might not ever have. It keeps a person humble, not that I need help on that front.
The upside is I did also have two acceptances, one a story I've always loved, "Sea Creatures" that's had a hard time finding a home.

…I am reading ZXZZYVA. Ever hear of it? It's San Francisco- based and has been around a long time. It is very ecclectic to say the least, with drawings and photos and long fiction and poetry. Some of the longer pieces are so odd that they're boring. Every once in a while, however, there's a good piece. I read one tonight and I'm going to send the author a note.
I'm also reading Tara Masih's "Where the Dog Star Grows." It's excellent.

…Tomorrow I leave for warmer climes. The marathon is Sunday. It's very probable that I won't write anymore on this blog until Monday.

--So I leave you with this gem that I rather like: "Nature is a haunted house--but Art--a house that tries to be haunted." -- Emily Dickinson, letter 459

No comments:

Post a Comment