Thursday, September 30, 2010

...I have a new poem, "Afterward" up at The Camel Saloon and here under "Words In Print."

...A really good angry song is "Bulls on Parade" by Rage Against the Machine. I played it, oh, five times back to back while in the car today. And Rage Against the Machine is a great band name.

..."Parenthood" was great last night. I smile through the whole show every time I watch it.

...They're putting out "Best of the Web" and "Pushcart" nominees. I'm happy for anyone who gets nominated, but I have to say I am often surprised. I understand it's subjective, but really great stuff by other people doesn't make it when some average stuff by others do. I think almost anything xTx writes could be nominated. Same with Kim Chinquee or Barry Graham or Meg. Where are they??

...I'm crafting my next novel. I have most of the characters. I just need more conflict. I think this will actually be funny and happy. How do you really know, though, until someone else reads it? I'm really good at writing tragic. In high school I had my own column and used to write funny stuff all the time. Maybe I can get that mojo back. It seems like I have about two years to write a best-seller, then Barnes and Nobel will fall into a black pit and only Stephen King and Janet Evanovich will have book deals. Two years if fast. That's a lot of pressure.

...I've taken up the guitar again. I think I'll stick with it this time. I have long fingers, thin fingers. I should be good at it. Just have trouble switching chords fast enough. If anyone has any tips, please advise.

No comments:

Post a Comment