Monday, August 1, 2022


—YOU’RE ONE OF ONE, ONE IN A MILLION

 

 

…There are few things I like better than seeing my best friend shine, and sparkle, as he did last night.

 

…It’s been hot, quite hot, but gloomy and barren, of late. I know it’s lucky to even be saying that, but still.

 

...Alert the media: I had a whiff of peppermint just now.

What, what? It was an itsy-bitsy whiff, but still, that’s something, isn’t it?

 

…Miracles—now there’s a conversation.

 

…I never pictured myself as a small-town guy, but the thing is you never know that much when you’re young.

 

…I love how much adoration artists give to other artists.

 

You told me, Nobody likes an angry woman, I always say the things I shouldn’t. Oh, what a shame my tongue’s not tied 

 

…Sometimes the right adjective is everything. 

 

…I think about the end a lot now. I’m trying better to do the better thing.

 

…I suppose he’s correct when he says, “Everybody is trying to be a f…ing victim.” Chris Rock, that is.

 

…I messed up, and then I messed up, and then I messed up again and again and again, and still some people think I’m a hero when I’m the farthest thing from that.

 

…My very best friend and I have a language all our own. Really, we do. You can call it stupid (some of it juvenile), but it’s ours alone. And you wouldn’t get it, but we do. For example: “Bllllll!!!”

 

…It’s been at least a week since I cried at a commercial, but I did yesterday. It was about being left out, being an immigrant in America. If I could find it, I’d share it.

 

…Other than Sam Fender, the singer I’m most excited about right now is Ashe…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQq98YPV8yk

 

…Who gets paid at Air Supply? Oh yeah. Whee!

 

...Don’t forget: Black lives still matter.

 

…”I told you to get some therapy.”

 

Shannon is gone I heard, she’s drifted out to sea.

 

…“What a coincidence!” is probably the funniest, and wittiest thing, I’ve ever heard someone say in my life. And he's the funniest and wittiest person I know.

 

…After my shower this morning, I looked at myself naked in the mirror. I looked skinny and older, but pretty much the same as I remember me being when I was nine. Then I had a brief shiver.

 

…“Look, it’s a little golf ball.”

 

…“Step into my little lair. Ah hooo, ah haaa.”

 

…“Look, it’s the Chemistry building.”

 

…It’s pretty incredible, really, meeting someone at 18 and here they are, all these years later, one of your most important priorities.

 

…Sleeping in a reclining chair for a month is not much fun, but you do what you’ve got to do, and hey, at least you own a fucking reclining chair.

 

…“I could really use a Snickers bar about now.”

 

…“Look at this movie.”

 

--“Hey, Len, wanna a hat?”

--“Yeah.”

--“Ain’t got one.”

 

…She’s right 90 percent of the time, so I should probably let her know.

 

…I think there’s something very true about platitudes, especially this one: "You can’t teach an old dog new tricks." I am very much a creature of habit, just ask my wife, but I don’t ever see me getting over my haunts.

 

…My wife is the reason, to the 10,000th power, that I’m still alive and breathing, when I really shouldn’t be. I’ll never be able to reciprocate that, but I’ll try in my little ways. 

Like her mother, she is an angel on earth. 

 

…We never fight, but we bicker sometimes, and it’s always about my not wanting to eat when I should.

 

…Sometimes, if you think about it too deeply, it’s hard to know if you’re a good, or bad, person.

 

…I keep sucking the edges, but that’s my own problem.

 

I knew a man, ‘Bojangles,’ and he danced for you, in worn out shoes”

 

…If you have an 8-track of Andy Gibb in your El Camino, chances are I’m going to like you a lot. Maybe even forever.

 

…Goodnight sky. Goodnight moon. Goodnight lake. Goodnight wake.

 

…“Take a peek, Patterson.”

 

…Rabbit Rabbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment