Wednesday, August 3, 2022

 —ONE LIFE, DON’T BLOW IT.  MAHALO. 

 

…Some hard-to-follow instructions that I’ve been given are—Keep your mouth clean. That’s easier said than done.

 

…A lot of things can go wrong in two seconds.

 

…I always thought it so odd that, very late in life, my mother became an avid Mariner’s fan, when previously she didn’t know, or care, anything about sports. Now, here I am.

 

…I hope this doesn’t change anything.

 

…When you’re fighting with yourself, life seems kind of impossible. But there are always friends, family (if you’re lucky enough to have a good one) and help within reach. Please, please reach.

 

…“Did not go,” is usually a good call.


...These little honors that pile up along the way are nice, sure, but what do they really mean or matter?


...If my ankles don't stop swelling, they're going to grow bigger than my head, and then I'm really in some trouble.


...Sticky fingers--pretty gross.   

 

…It feels like I’m almost done with journaling for now, but who doesn’t always have more to say?

 

Oh, I thought that I was gone and I’m cleared.

 

…It’s funny to contrast who I was with who I was with who I am now.

 

…What I’m not looking forward to is seeing my death, or any Marvel superhero movie.

 

…This morning’s mail count was 52 junk, 26 “real.”

 

…Compare, contrast, repeat. Never a good idea.

 

...The fog on the lake this morning makes it look like the water’s on fire.

 

Lying in bed, with the radio on, moonlight falls like rain.

 

…Have you ever tried to catch lightning in a bottle? Can’t do it. Nope.

 

--(Whispering in a crammed elevator at the Grammys) Madison, that’s BB King.

--Who’s BB King?

 

…I realize now that the appeal of traveling so much is that you’re going somewhere, that you’re not just sitting in your office, counting every last wave.

 

...I started worrying about the next election the day after the last election, and that hasn’t stopped since then.

 

So, this is it? That’s how it ends?

 

…“Are you mad at me? Because it’s okay to be mad at me.”

 

…It’s taken me all this time to learn how to be me. 

 

Follow your dreams, whatever they may be, but please, dream a little dream of me.

 

…I feel like I didn’t get to say goodbye, so here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment