Monday, August 17, 2026

—LATELY, I REMEMBER ALL THE THINGS YOU TAUGHT ME …I know I know I know, it’s not fucking Friday yet. Wait, it’s only Monday? I guess I’m jumping the gun. …Plus, I’m the first one up again. …We passed 6,000,000 views overnight. It’s pretty staggering and humbling to me. …“Len, S T O P talking.” …That’s maybe one of my favorite things anyone has ever said to me, and coming from that guy, it means a lot. …It feels like I’ve got a lot to say, so buckle up, Sparky. …This wasn’t supposed to happen, but, hey, it did. …Why do we all get fat? Why is that? I’m asking seriously. …“Eat your Fucking Fish!” …But what if I can’t be the strong one I’m supposed to be? What then? …I would fix those typos if I could. You know I would. …The only productive things I’ve done this weekend were, floss twice, mentor a deer family, and pick a shit load of berries. …I guess that’s life in the country. …Boy, don’t come around here if you have any sense. …Wouldn’t you give your heart to a friend? Think of me as friend. …Today is going to be a long day, but it’s going to be a good one, and isn’t that such a lucky thing? …It still feels like Lucy’s there, a foot away from my left leg, waiting to be startled awake. …I didn’t finish my manuscript. Lazy ass. I think too much—like why does it matter? …I lost my mouse this morning for a spell. It kind of wigged me out, because any lapse in techy stuff freaks me out. But then I just asked the ether how to get my mouse back, and like that, it told me, and she came to me. …There are a million reasons to leave, but you just need that one to stay. …Are you sure that’s not a shooting star? …I’m supposed to lift today, but there are youngsters (do people still use that word?) downstairs. …I was picking the other day, and a momma deer and two really young, scrawny fawns were chomping on the fallen apples, literally two feet from me. I talked to them and they seemed to acknowledge me. They never budged or bolted. We all felt safe. I picked berries and they kept eating. It was astonishing and pretty special. …Can you really choose happiness? Really? Is it just that easy? …Brevity is almost always the best option, if you’re looking for a way out. …Someday I’m going to remember all this shit, but I’m not sure what good it’ll do me. …Maybe I need a second cup, stronger this time. …I guess I’m wondering what I’m guessing. …Sometimes life is a drag. It just is. You don’t always get to choose. ,,.Have you ever seen, “Big Fish”? If not, you’ve missed out. I think about that movie all the time. …I’m not making this up, but I think you think I am. …Stop teasing me. …I think it’s important to have a Zoom camera, if you can. But it’s freaky to watch these delivery guys walk right up to your front door at all hours of the night. …“Start with a glass of water after waking up.” …This is a contest I definitely don’t want to enter because I just might be the lucky winner out of OVER FOUR HUNDRED entries, so far-- Over 400 Contest Entries So Far! …I think it’s okay to talk about dying if you don’t get all weird about it. It’s going to happen, so why dance around as if it’s not? …Good luck with all of that. …When you have a best friend who’s dead, you think about them all the time, what they’re thinking, how they’d help you out of a situation, and it makes no sense whatsoever, because they’re dead, though they’re not really. …I’ll do that. Okay. Yeah. …This is brilliance, inside out, which so few have seen… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjaIB5BzJDw&list=RDCjaIB5BzJDw&start_radio=1 …Sometimes I push “Save” when I shouldn’t, and sometimes I don’t when I really need to. …Wait, what was I just trying to do? …You should have seen those kids, in Cosplay last night. It was total Errol Flynn Robin Hood. Utterly fantastic. Kids... …Can I trust you? That’s always going to be my measuring stick. …I wish I was a lightweight like you. It’d solve a lot of problems, but it’d probably create a lot more that are bubbling on the surface. --Who goes to bed at 8:00? 7:30? --Who doesn’t? …Our ideas held no water, but we used them like a dam. …I think I did. Maybe. I don’t know. …Technically speaking, I think I’m still winning, but just barely. …“Feeling awesome!” Well, that’s a lie if there ever was one. …You look like you’ve been here before. …I have lots of stuff I could have posted, per usual, but thanks so much for indulging me. I know I run off the rails sometimes. …"But I did find the entire world, in looking for something. I got saved by poetry, and I got saved by the beauty of the world." Mary Oliver …I remember: You picked sunrises and I picked sunsets. We could talk about that, probably forever. …Muscle memory---that can be helpful, or that can be a bitch. …Time is no friend of mine. …I swear that deer was talking to me yesterday, even if he never moved his mouth even once. …“What about all of those apples over there?” …Just look at those apples. Look at all of them. …Look—I cut this off way shorter than I ever thought I could. I saved you from a lot of needless blather.

No comments:

Post a Comment