Friday, November 11, 2022


—I MISS YOU MORE 

 

...It’s been a long week, what with this last savage storm, the power outage, loss of internet (I’m currently at the local library), etc., yet it’s still been a good one.

I really hope yours was, as well.

I’ve been feeling very grateful, reflective, and nostalgic, of late. That maybe means I’m getting older? But still…

Thanks so much, by the way, for being here. It means a great deal to me.

 

…Here are some random things I really like for the weekend, that give me pause and make me think. I hope you feel the same way… 

 

“When we’re with others, we’re all sort of acting to a degree, right? I mean, aren’t we trying to look our best self, or to posture in a certain way that impresses? 

The conundrum is that this very manner of acting, or staging, helps keep us safe in the moment, but it’s not really who we are. 

When we have enough trust to forget about pretenses and be vulnerable, everything changes. 

Maybe we show others our awful scars. Maybe we don’t have the perfect answers. But when we’re simply being ourselves with others, that’s when real life happens. That’s when love shows up for the win, which it always does, if we’re being authentic.” L.A.K.

 

“Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.” Mother Teresa

 

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” Mae West

 

“To be running breathlessly, but not yet arrived, is itself delightful, a suspended moment of living hope.” Anne Carson

 

“I’ve failed over and over in my life, which is why I succeeded.” Michael Jordan

 

“Whoever is happy will make others happy, too.” Anne Frank

 

“The point is not to pay back kindness, but to pass it on.” Julia Alvarez 

 

“The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” Walt Disney

 

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma—which is living with the results of other people’s thinking.” Steve Jobs

 

“Between the wish and the thing, the world lies waiting.” Cormac McCarthy

 

“A man’s made by patience and odds against him.” Power of the Dog

 

“If life were predictable, it would cease to be life, and be without favor.” Eleanor Roosevelt 

 

“Your grandfather used to say, ‘You can’t fix a broken wagon wheel, but you can use the parts to make a new one’.” Yellowstone

 

“Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.” Margaret Mead

 

“I’ve made two decisions in my life based on fear, and they cost me everything.” Yellowstone

 

“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” Eleanor Roosevelt 

 

“Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” Thomas Edison

 

“You know, when you boil life down, it’s funny just how little you need, isn’t it?” Yellowstone

 

“It hit me that God is everything. Everything good, and everything bad.” Outer Range

 

“Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.” Babe Ruth

 

“Live is either a daring adventure, or nothing at all.” Helen Keller

 

“When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.” Franklin D. Roosevelt

 

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment