Friday, November 18, 2022

 

—EVERY SECOND IS A SECOND WE CAN’T TAKE BACK

 

 

…Expectations are a tricky thing.

 

…Waiting to hear from someone is a yearning that’s completely out of your hands.


…“Love is a battlefield. Love is a murderer.” Ezra Furman

 

…I try to never complain about the weather, but I really do hate the way it gets dark so early this time of year, plus I’m totally awful at driving at nighttime. Like, sometimes I don’t even know what lane I’m in.

 

…I’m the last guy that wants to make someone feel bad, or stupid.

 

…Regrets: You can have them, but they just sit there, like kidney stones.

 

…I’ve never met a person without regrets, and I hope I never do.

 

…Sports may be stupid, but they’re better than a needle full of heroin.


...On the other hand, surviving fantasy football Sundays may require several needles full of heroin. That, or a garrote. 

 

…I’m not certain about many things, but I know I’ll never stop loving this lake.

 

…Meeting a new best friend late in life is one of the best gifts ever.

 

…Everything in life is a bet on something.

 

…Sometimes it’s hard to imagine being too thin, even though I know that’s wrong, even though I know how that sounds.

 

…Reflect on the past, celebrate the future.

 

…You have to love a Veteran. You really just have to. Nothing else matters. They're a fucking Vet, and you're not.

 

…It’s usually dirtier than it looks, or at least more complicated.

 

…It’s ridiculous to think anything is possible, yet I still do.

 

…It shouldn’t, but your friend’s stance on politics can really affect your relationship.

 

…Yesterday I found where Lucy’s blanket and crate were stashed.  For a long few moments, that stopped me from moving, or breathing. 

 

…The past doesn’t ever want to let go. Mostly it wants to ridicule you.

 

…Darkness is one of my best friends. I keep trying to break up with it, even though I know that’ll never happen.

 

…Too many useless details can create a lot of confusion and apprehension.

 

…“The thing about saying No all the time is people just stop asking.” Jay, Modern Family

 

…I miss getting handwritten letters in the mail, but the last one I got, I wish I hadn’t. 

 

Hi, Lucy. Hi, Lucy. I love you, Lucy.

No comments:

Post a Comment