Wednesday, September 30, 2020


—THE CROWDS ROAR, THE DAYS SOAR, THE BABIES CRY

  


oh wonder

 

Heaven’s ahead of me

riding out a storm

I can’t see

hoping for closure

while some parse

false memories

and man-made fallacies

not so sure

I’m to go there

 

sun’s shining

chartreuse 

but mostly bleak

beneath the flames

a smoke anomaly

maybe it’s the

end of things

world without a gurney

hope doused out

by apathy  

devil winning all the swings

 

and the colors can’t renew

they’re just fifty

shades of blue

thought I walked off you

ha

went to the water

and saw myself that way

ran out of things to say

turned out to be true

so fucking blue

 

don’t breathe in deep

I’m losing sleep

losing air losing dreams

losing everywhere

looking like a corner creep

thought I walked off you

ha

but that cliff was unforgiving

looked futuristic

and way too steep

 

oh wonder

what wonder

where’d you go

had a good look at you once

now I’m caught in the undertow

blinded by a thick snow

now I don’t know

the real me

from a facsimile

 

between God and me

I’m learning to deflect

or set it free

how’s that

ha

but it hurts like fuck

bores to the 

core of me

it’s not an urge it’s a need

no soliloquy

though Heaven

keeps singing

Inshallah

Inshallah

Inshallah

 

No comments:

Post a Comment