Wednesday, September 16, 2020

 


—COS YOU SAID THE BRAINS I HAD WENT TO MY HEAD

 

 

   if you tell me the end is near

 

the sun’s holding a grudge

and I could use a nudge

to do something meaningful

get through this thick

stop feeling blue and sick

there are times

I don’t want anything

and others I want it all

guess I don’t really know

who I am after all

met a stranger at the station

we spoke without words

throughout the duration

isn’t that how best friends are

knitting silence into gold

mastering small talk

until they both get old

but you and I are different

two geese bobbing on the lake

nothing frivolous forgotten or fake

so if you see the sun

point her out will ya

I guess I miss her

I know I miss you

and I’ve stopped having fun

met my twin

in the mirror yesterday

poor guy looked

baffled in disarray

we spoke through sign language

using our opposable thumbs

until we realized

which one of us was dumb

he said I’ll see you flip-side

I said me I been tryna hide

yet I’m not here or there

I’m not actually anywhere

but if you tell me

the end is near

I’ll be here

to tell you

it’s not

it’s not

it’s not

we’ve still got time

and we’ve still

got us

No comments:

Post a Comment