Friday, August 21, 2020

 

—JUMPING FROM LEDGE TO LEDGE

 

…Oh, Friday, why are you so gray?

 

...I thought yesterday was Wednesday, even though I took the garbage out (it gets picked up on Thursday.) I thought Wednesday was Monday. I thought I was younger. Thought I was stronger. That my hair was thicker. I thought you could still hug whomever needed to be hugged. 

Obviously, I have been thinking too much so I’ll just start the weekend with these other peoples' thoughts...

 

“Faith shares best in the dark.” Kierkegaard

 

“Often we prefer to hear the trumpet while ignoring the tragedy that produced it.” Jon Meacham

 

“Stay in good trouble.” John Lewis

 

“If we live in hope, we open our souls to the power of love.” Jon Meacham

 

We are tied together by the single garment of god’s destiny.” Martin Luther King

 

“The words are the important thing. Don’t worry about the tune. Take a tune and sing high when they sing low, sing fast when they sing low, and you’ve got a new tune.” Woodie Guthrie

 

“We are not self-made. We are dependent upon one another, and admitting this to ourselves isn’t embracing mediocrity, it’s a liberation of misconceptions, and it’s an incentive to not expect so much from ourselves, and to simply begin.” Kirby Ferguson

 

"If we should fail -- we fail. But screw your courage to the sticking-place, And we'll not fail." William Shakespeare 

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

 

"I was taught how to work. I think that's everything. Creativity and imagination alone are not going to get you there." Elizabeth Gilbert

 

"We all have dreams. And we all get disappointed. We all have heartache and we suffer and work to get through it. It's just the human condition. So, I stand here today so proud. I'm so proud of my team and I'm so proud of myself." Diana Nyad, long-distance swimmer


No comments:

Post a Comment