Friday, August 7, 2020

 —DON’T GO HITTIN’ THAT PANIC BUTTON, IT AIN’T AS BAD AS YOU THINK

 


The Depression Test

 

Took the depression test today

scored it pretty high

got me feeling really low

but I’m not overeating

though I’ve been overthinking

everything I do

sitting on a thin ledge

wondering ‘bout my real friends

who to turn to when I’m blue

all these blurry seasons

never conjure any reasons

for overthinking everything I do

took an ear to Dylan

kind of feel like I’m him

wondering whether the rain’s

going to let me down again

lost inside false lyrics

don’t really want to bear it

overthinking everything I do

trying to skip the gene pool

mom and dad and me fool

guess I’m just a broke tool

overthinking everything I do

took the depression test last night

skewed north of average

makes me sad and savage

overthinking everything I do

but I know that you’re out there

the one soul who just might care

that I’m overthinking everything I do

so I’ll hit you up later

get out the excavator

stop overthinking everything I do


No comments:

Post a Comment