Wednesday, August 5, 2020


—EVERYTHING’S GONNA BE ALL RIGHT

 

 

Another Day

 

I felt

washed away

stubborn stale

and too damn gray 

but you threw a dart babe

aimed straight for my heart babe

made me reach for another day

I’d been relishing morsels

regretful remorseful

checked cupboards and floorboards

hoping for a safer day

but you threw a dart bug

notched first in my heart bug

now I’m beginning to see a way

you tossed me a lifeline

but it’s been a whole lifetime

since I’ve seen your damp hair in the rain

freaked about traffic

a dent who might ask it

the hopes we’d both buried away

but then you threw a dart bae

flew just like an arch bae

I mean fucking damnit

what the hell can we say

I’d grown simple enough

forgotten my soft touch

acting so not-tough

relying on bad luck

never going to be saved

until you drew that arrow

hit me right in the marrow

made me reach for another day

made me want to live another day

made me want to live

made me want to reach

live reach live

yeah bae

yeah bae

yeah

bae

 

No comments:

Post a Comment