Wednesday, May 8, 2019





--I LOVE EVERYTHING YOU’VE DONE FOR ME


…I’ve gotten back on the submission wagon finally and have come into some good fortune having published close to thirty pieces so far.  Here are a few recent ones:





…Sometimes other people know me better than I know myself, I guess.  I woke up at 2:30am, wheezing, having quite a difficult time breathing.  Finally got that under control, but I stayed up.  Played some inane games on my phone.  Drifted around the internet. Wrote an odd, but pretty strong poem.  Got an email from Apple at 5:14am saying Your Sleep Schedule Is Making You Sick. 

…I read where over one third of the world is stressed out.  55 percent of Americans recall feeling stressed “much of the day”.  The next worse county is Greece at 58 percent.  Yikes.

…“Having a kid means raising a person.”  I heard that the other day and I thought, yep.  But it really changes the way you think about having kids.

…When do you need me?  That’s all I really want to know.

…Every time I go searching for answers it seems like I just end up with more questions.

…Maybe it was wrong not to tell somebody it happened.  Maybe that would have changed a lot of things.  Who knows?

…The more you push away, the more it haunts you.

…I’ve still got that ringing in my ears.

…Hey, hey, what’s going on over there?

…I’ve spent my entire life in these boxes.  Time to take the tape off.

…If we turned over the stone that explained everything, would we really feel better?  Because it’s never just one stone, but rather it’s a stack of them stacked on top of each other meaning something else.

…Sit with me please.  Tell me everything that I did wrong.

…You’ll be broken into better shape before you know it.

…I might be groggy, but I’m not drunk.

…You gotta survive somehow, some way, poison or pills.

…“Either you’re fucked up, or you’re getting fucked up.”  That’s what someone told me not too long ago.

…“Happy accidents.”  That’s what you call optimism.

…I wrote about wonder the other day.  It perked me up.  It’s funny how writing something down—even if you end up later deleting it—can be so therapeutic. 

…Do you call it a career if you make little or no money doing it?  Just a question.

…The other day the wind was blowing so hard that I swore I heard full-on conversations, children giggling, someone screaming.  It was a little unnerving.

…I don’t want you thinking I’m unhappy, but I don’t want you thinking I’m that happy.

…Some things just can’t be explained, no matter how badly you want an answer.

…I’m not sure I believe in karma, but I’ll let you know once things swing around.

…I don’t expect you to be here, but if you are, let me know.

…Even after all this, you’re still my best friend.

…All right, Roomie, grab your coat.  We’re going for a walk.


No comments:

Post a Comment