Friday, May 31, 2019





--ONE OF US IS DRINKING FOR THE FUN, ONE OF US IS DRINKING TO GET DRUNK


As You Sleep

Waves of light
flicker behind
your eyelids like a
pulse or jagged tremor,
baking there
as you sleep,
dream-walking somewhere
no one exactly knows.
I watch a swath of
sunlight tickle
your cheek through
the fickle window,
and at once I’m jealous,
I’m actually
fucking jealous,
of the way you respond,
how you shift and
buck and flare those
recessed dimples
as if you’re being touched
where I once touched you.
Oh, god, really?
You cannot be serious.
You’ve actually made me
jealous of everything,
even the sun,
a simple sheath of it
hitting your skin.
So, for now, I’ll just
watch you,
my face pressed
against the window,
like a boy seeing
his first nude in the flesh.
I’ll suck down the drool.
I’ll cross two
sets of fingers and
hold them behind
my back like
a crippled prayer
the desperate employ,
squeezing tight,
begging for mercy,
or grace,
or anything
you might possibly
give me.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment