Monday, May 27, 2019


  


--I’M NOT SURE ALL THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND. 


Patience

Patient,
in boyish wonder,
I spend all night
into morning
circling the slow
wheel of your
nipple,
left one,
above my
blurry eye
now spying
another eye
that sees me as I am,
rotten and unlovable,
yet loving me
as no one else does
or ever can. 
I follow the aureole’s
shallow path,
like a lost child,
into the swollen sea,
as if it’s a
compass
I desperately need
to grasp and trust,
to live on for
one more day
and not be
driftwood again. 
I watch your
puckered skin
contract and redact
its parched history
without me in it,
forming the perfect
target for my mouth,
fingers and tongue,
bidding me assurance,
glistening like
dappled waves,
whispering as the conspired
white doves do,
Come here,
Silly boy. 
Come home,
for once,
where you belong.



No comments:

Post a Comment